In this episode, Lachlan and Ken discuss the first quarter of the drive phase. The first quarter of the drive is the final part of the catch sequence. There is more to this part of the stroke than simply getting the power down. They discuss the different techniques for power application and the crucial elements.
This episode's information is a discussion of the videos on the "Catch connection" page of the Decent Rowing library under the heading "First quarter of the drive phase".
If you would like to see all the videos referred to in this episode, head to our website www.decentrowing.com and log in or sign up. Once logged in, click on the heading "Catch Connection", you will find the videos under the subheading "First quarter of the drive phase." If you haven't tried our membership, we have a 1 week completely free trial (no credit card required).
Sign up for a Decent Rowing Membership at https://www.decentrowing.com/memberships.html, and you will get:
- Access to our rowing library of over 850 videos
- Training programs and powerful training program builder (for building customized programs)
- Detailed indoor and on-water rowing courses (perfect for beginners and parents)
- Indoor and On-water wall charts
- Ask us your rowing questions
- Full technical support
- Money-back guarantee